Whats a forum??

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

lumpy

Whats a forum??

Post by lumpy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I always thought a forum was for voiceing your opion and general discussion. Two days ago I posted a letter expressing my OPINION that if anybody new to Black Lake looking for accomidating place to stay check out XXXX XXXXXXX. I have stayed ther for years. Someone didnt like it and erased it. Im not related in anyway just trying to help someone that may be new to the area. Sorry if I ruffled anybodys feathers thats not what I intended just trying to help

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Why would someone delete a post about a good recomondation? That does't make any sense. The idea of the forum is to exchange useful information onto eachother, isn't it?
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm

I hope there is another reason for why this mistake happened. No one should have erased it. This is a great forum. Stick around and I am sure this will be straightened out.

Daves
Site Admin

Post by Daves » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Conditions of Use

1. Complimenting or Complaining about an Accommodation/Business is strictly prohibited. If you feel the need to compliment or complain about your experience at a particular Black Lake accommodation or business direct your comment to the individual accommodation or business directly via email, telephone or US mail. These type posts are NOT allowed on the message board and will be deleted without explanation. Typically these posts are just one persons opinion. You could be a good friend of the owner or for whatever reason you have an axe to grind.

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 pm

I have been on enough of these kinds of forums to realize that if you do not have some sort of guidelines pertaining to businesses, the forum can quickly degenerate into an advertising campaign. I'm sure it was nothing personal toward you or the camp where you stay.

lumpy

Post by lumpy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Well Im sorry to all as I did put in my message I was no relation to the owner. Just trying to help as I was new once to the area and a lost sole. daves from lockport I would love to know where the rules are so I dont disrupt this again Any info would be great. Im just north of you in Wyoming County. Sorry to all!! And have a GREAT SUMMER!

Daves
Site Admin

Post by Daves » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:44 am

Conditions of Use are posted in an Announcement category in the general forum.

I'm certain your intentions were all good we just need to maintain some basic rules. I live on the lake most of the year and feel this message board helps everyone involved in the Black Lake community. Fortunately we have many helpful and knowledgeable people posting here.

sasnyder

Post by sasnyder » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 am

the rules are in the Conditions of use line. fourth from the top.
Hey Don't feell bad We all have been in the new comer spot when searching Black Lake that is part of the experience finding the right place to stay. We do try to help but the accomadations page does a very good. it is a very useful tool. :)
You have a good summer also.

Phil
Site Admin

Conditions of Use

Post by Phil » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 am

Another means of communication, that you can use through this board, is "Private Messaging". Don't be afraid to send someone some information you feel is "good" in a personal message, if they make a post asking for something.
Phil

lumpy

Post by lumpy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 am

If the answers arnt a dead give away. My last post Ill stay away from now on :shock: Good luck to everybody

kev1365

it's in the site's terms of service

Post by kev1365 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 pm

this is clearly written in the site's TOS.

Esie

Post by Esie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:07 pm

hello,..""
kev1365...the rules are in the Conditions of use line. fourth from the top.
Hey Don't feell bad We all have been in the new comer spot when searching Black Lake that is part of the experience finding the right place to stay. We do try to help but the accomadations page does a very good. it is a very useful tool. ..
thanks a lot,,...

cheers,

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Not sure what stemmed an October reply to such an old post, but when I received an email that someone wrote in this thread, I checked it out. After rereading all the posts, it reminded me why I barely use this Forum anymore. Regretfully so that is. Every other day this forum is being used for advertising guided tours and apparently its ok. How about we call a spade a spade and be fair across the board. Just saying. Begin the hate mail if you all must.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm

ragincajun wrote:Not sure what stemmed an October reply to such an old post, but when I received an email that someone wrote in this thread, I checked it out. After rereading all the posts, it reminded me why I barely use this Forum anymore. Regretfully so that is. Every other day this forum is being used for advertising guided tours and apparently its ok. How about we call a spade a spade and be fair across the board. Just saying. Begin the hate mail if you all must.

Hey Ragin. You should not deprive yourself, and others, of useful information because you don't agree with a few odd posts. It's the way of the world - we all get "junk" mail, email, phone calls; almost daily. Does that mean we "dump" those valuable services? No - we just throw away and/or ignore the useless information. It's easy to do and then we reap the benefits of the useful information. I'm sure the admin and forum moderators are busy and we probably don't see 1% of the "junk" that is actually posted here. I, for one, enjoy this forum and will continue to read and contribute - hope you will consider doing the same.

Phil
Phil

earl

Post by earl » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm

right on Phil