Memorial day wk end

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

angler170

Re: Memorial day wk end

Post by angler170 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Billbo, no pics, yeah I know "no pics or it didn't happen". We C&R everything and water release all large fish. The weight comes from C&R weight charts, but it measured 23 inches. It was our first time trying circle hooks. We missed 1 in 3 fish. Not sure if that was because we were not paying attension, but I know that the number of fish missed due to circle hooks and not human error was about the same number of fish saved from gut hooking fish. We will keep trying them.

Wildchild, no food is ever to good for the lake. We pride ourselves on great dinners. It just adds to the fun. Saturday's dinner menu, slow cooked pulled pork, garlic toasted rolls, salt potatos, mac salad and cold beers. I can't wait.

billbo
Site Admin

Post by billbo » Wed May 25, 2011 6:20 pm

angler170 wrote:Billbo, no pics, yeah I know "no pics or it didn't happen".
Wasn't my intention to raise doubt, would have been nice to see a pic . State record is listed at 8 lb. 4 oz. PDC to go by a weight chart.

angler170

Post by angler170 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Billbo, the smallie was caught on Eagle Lake, Ontario. About half hour from Kingston. It is crazy how big the fish are compared to Black Lake. 30+ inch pike were common last weekend and half a dozen or so bass topped 5lbs. The big smallie first looked like a carp a couple feet deep. We were floored to see it up close. We also hit two lakers in 10 feet of water on large crank baits. Eagle Lake pike opening will be on our list of to do's every year. Crazy world up there, you buy shiners/suckers in the bottem of a rock quarry from a guy that was loading 10 yard dump trucks will gravel. Good luck and tight lines.

angler170

Post by angler170 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Just looked at the Ontario province records. Smallie 9-4 now that's a bigh fish.