fish report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

PAWPAW COLLECTOR
Newly Registered User

fish report

Post by PAWPAW COLLECTOR » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:59 pm

Arrived at lake Aug 7th about an hour before rain started. Got on water by two pm. Again, casting black & chartreuse
worm. Caught several bass in the rain. Had to find sheltered bays a couple of times due to weather. Was surprised to find bass somewhat tight to shore.
Tuesday weather was rain again. Lake was up about ten inches now. Still catching bass close to shore, water temp 74 to almost 75 degrees.
Wednesday sunny fished in morning only, and bite was slow for me. Thursday winds kicked up stopped fishing early. Late in afternoon
a storm moved through, and rain came again. Went out in boat and the bite was on. I had switched to a white worm as water seamed more stained. The white worm did the trick all fish were caught on that worm, including a huge bowfin almost 30 inches. Tough fight and net when alone in boat. By Friday morning lake was up another 3 to 4 inches, and I was heading home. Plan to return August 21st.
PawPaw collector