July10 2021 thru July 17 2021

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bugbottle

July10 2021 thru July 17 2021

Post by Bugbottle » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Just came back from a week at Black Lake. We arrived on the day of a bass tournament. Weather was very good except for two strong thunderstorms, but not during times we usually fish. We had no trouble with high wind all week. We have been coming to Black Lake in July for 11 years. Unfortunately it was the worst week we ever had. In the entire week I caught only two fish 2 Largemouth. It was very discouraging. My wife did catch 156 panfish including some real nice crappies and many Perch but she usually catches twice that many. All our fish were returned to the water alive. We stayed as always at Pleasant view cottages which I highly recommend. Everyone I talked to was having similar results not doing nearly as well as they usually do. Needless to say with only two fish it was a very disappointing trip for me. The one was a pound and a half and thankfully the other which I caught on the last day was almost 4 pounds , 3 pounds 14 oz . So at least it was a great fish. By the way if you stop at the ice cream stand at Pleasant View Try the Rocky Mountain Raspberry. You'll be glad you did. Will be back next year God willing, and hopefully catch a lot more fish. Keep the reports coming. Hopefully you will do better than me.

Shelbyzd

Re: July10 2021 thru July 17 2021

Post by Shelbyzd » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks for the report. We will be up in a few days and I'll do my own report as well. Sucks you didn't have a good trip. We have also had a pretty rough going this year too.