6/11 - 6/15

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

JerryofWNY

6/11 - 6/15

Post by JerryofWNY » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 pm

My grandson and I arrived at camp about 1:30 Friday afternoon. The first thing I did, while Trevor set up camp, was to introduce myself to Bob who was spending his last day in the cabin next to our campsite and the one in which other members of my party would be staying. Thanks for the tips, Bob, as well as the worms and jerky. Hope your journey home was a safe one.

After setting up camp we launched the boat and fished for a couple hours trying to find promising places to fish for crappies for the next few days. We tried several of the spots where I have had success in the past - Wood Island, Raspberry Island, Bell Island, and Devil's Graveyard. Caught only 4 keepers for the effort.

Saturday morning we fished while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive. Fished Big Bay, Prince Island and Hague's Point with no keepers to show for it. The rest of the gang arrived and got settled in their camp site and the cabin. Six of us fished the evening while the other four took care of business of renting a pontoon boat for Sunday - Tuesday and dropping some coin in the local economy. Two boats fished the evening with much the same success.

Sunday was game on. My boat held three - one from each generation, the pontoon boat were all second generation and the third boat was all third generation. We split up and later in the morning got a report of keeper crappies from the pontoon. They were on the back side of Raspberry Island drifting 12 - 14 FOW. We joined them and drifted drop shot jigs tipped wit gulp minnows - both 1 and 2 1/2". We both came in with keepers, as did the boys.

Monday's rain did not deter us and was much the same, except the fish had moved to 14 FOW off Wood Island. We added 2" stick baits to our arsenal and trolled them at 1.3 mph. Can't say they eliminated the dinks. By Monday night we had cleaned 50 keeper crappies, 2 keeper perch ( one 13" ) and a bonus 20"walleye caught on a jig and 2 1/2" Gulp Minnow.

Today's bite was difficult. The three generation boat managed one keeper crappie from Lonesome Bay. The second generation boat managed 4 keepers from the same place. The kids whipped us with 8 keepers caught down near Wood Island.

Heading home tomorrow. While the fishing was good the company is what made the trip for me. Both my sons, my four grandsons (all adults), my son in law, my son's brother in law and my grandson's father in law.

Thanks to McClear's for their hospitality and great accomodations.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be"... Abe Lincoln

Bugbottle

Re: 6/11 - 6/15

Post by Bugbottle » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Thanks for the report really appreciate the info glad you had a good time!