Northern pike fishing report 6/6 to 6/13

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bob-O

Northern pike fishing report 6/6 to 6/13

Post by Bob-O » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:14 am

arrived Saturday 2ish. Water is extremely low. Ramp was no problem. Thunder storms kept us out of the water until 5ish. Hit the bays around Hogback. Water is 70f and very clear. Weeds are perfect! We caught 5 pike in two hours ranging from 21" to 28". We are drifting in 4 to 6 FOW. Throwing silver color spoons after trying other variations. Pike are hitting very aggressive with no tap tap on the retrieve. Tight lines will post as much info as I can.
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

Bob-O

Re: Northern pike fishing report 6/6 to 6/13

Post by Bob-O » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:32 am

Sunday, nice weather light chop. Water 70 to 71f partly cloudy. Nice to see our camp is quite busy. Nice folks all around. We normally come up the first Saturday in May however covid changed that. Fished hard from 7am to 12 and only managed two pike, right before we came in. Had to meet some folks so didn't get out till 6:30 and fished a few hours right around camp and caught two more pike. They are biting but really have to work for them. Size so far has been nice. 21" the smallest and 28" the largest. Tight lines!
Practice Conservation

TeamToothy

Post by TeamToothy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Nice Reports Bob-O. My dad and I and here for one more day. Mostly pike fishing and we hit em hard tonight. Landed at least 10 and lost 4 more. Also had a bowfin destroy my favorite spinnerbait and I lost him but not before he bent the arm and cut the skirt off.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:06 am

Monday. Another beautiful weather day! Light chop, some gusts but not bad. Found a few crappie but no keepers in 7Fow. For some reason seeing a lot of fresh dead crappie floating, maybe a few dozen over the past few days. Water temp is 70 to 71f and still pretty clear water. We caught only one pike in the morning at 21". We caught 6 in the evening largest was 25". Today Tuesday the weather look overcast most of the day so new colors will surely be needed. Tight lines!
Practice Conservation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Tuesday. Overcast with light wind. Water is 72 to 73f. We caught two pike in the morning the largest was 29". We caught two in the afternoon largest was 26". Getting hotter and the wind is getting to be less of a factor. I like having a stiff wind for chop and drfting. Tight lines!
Practice Conservation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:45 am

Wednesday. Morning the weather was overcast with little to no wind. We caught 10 pike the largest was 29". Throwing silver base metal with a dark pattern. We did not go out last night due to high wind sustained right into the overnight. The weather is still holding us off this morning due to thunderstorms but should get out by 8. Tight lines!
Practice Conservation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Last post. Thursday was a bad wind day. We tried to fish in the morning but the wind had shut us down. Friday still windy but fished and caught one pike in the morning at 25" .the evening we caught no pike but did find some nice crappie. This is the end of our week trip of 2020. Tight lines, bob-o
Practice Conservation