Coming up next week August 28 to sept 2 any crappie or bass bites going on right now?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Edwins
Newly Registered User

Coming up next week August 28 to sept 2 any crappie or bass bites going on right now?

Post by Edwins » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm

We are coming back to Black Lake in a week any crappie or bass bites happening on rock or weeds? Or is it a shoreline deal?

MrSimon

Re: Coming up next week August 28 to sept 2 any crappie or bass bites going on right now?

Post by MrSimon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am

Late August crappie can be tough. Some are along weed edges, some around rocky ledges, and some suspended over deeper water. You just roam around looking until you find the fish. And then hope and pray they aren't in a neutral funk.

Personally I'd stick to areas in and around the main lake. There are some mighty big schools that cruise the deeper areas and then move into weeds along the shoreline to feed.

Edwins
Newly Registered User

Re: Coming up next week August 28 to sept 2 any crappie or bass bites going on right now?

Post by Edwins » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 am

Thank you for your reply. I find this same pattern here at foster sayres lake and catch them there with drop shots. I’m excited to come up . Thanks again.

Charlesexpah
Newly Registered User

Coming up next week August 28 to sept 2 any crappie or bass bites going on right now

Post by Charlesexpah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Does anyone know some spots around PPB or WP for collecting bass yabbies/nippers?
Also does anyone know if you get them as far as Gippsland?

Cheers Jarv