water level

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

jakeman

water level

Post by jakeman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Looking forward to the annual trip on 6/23. How's the water level, still low?

Astro

Re: water level

Post by Astro » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:59 am

The water level is normal to slightly low surface temp was around 77degrees in the afternoon weeds are low this year

jakeman

Post by jakeman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info, will be up to Camp Wildwood tomorrow afternoon. The forum seems awfully quiet lately.

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 am

Just returned from a two week trip. (6-16 to 6-30) The water is lower than normal at this time of the year. Been fishing BL since 06, I haven't hit anything in all those years, this year I had three underwater strikes in two weeks. Mind you this happened in areas I've fished dozens of times. The fishing was good on BL, as well as the St. Lawrence. Weeds were low in many places in both bodies of water, to almost none. You would think low water would mean lots of weeds, due to light penetration. Any theory on this unusual condition is welcome.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

jakeman

Post by jakeman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Our trip last week went well. Very good fishing, some of the calmest weather I can remember.
Water level was low and weeds surprisingly low and sparse in some locations. Had to change from our normal fishing techniques. Never caught so many pike this time of year, most larger than we normally catch. So many cut-offs that we had to use wire leaders. Bass were healthy looking and caught many legal ones but kept none.

Got a treat Friday night of a doe and 2 fawns swimming across the narrow part of Mitchell Bay.

Happy we avoided the worst of this heat wave!