fishing report 5-4 thru 5-11

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Jhnmcggh

Re: fishing report 5-4 thru 5-11

Post by Jhnmcggh » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Bob,
It’s always a pleasure reading your informative reports. Aside from being well written they are informative that cover the significant information to locate and catch fish. General area, depth of water, structure in area. And type of presentation ( lure used in how to use it). The amount of time saved, and the probability of a successful outing by a fisherman with less experience or a young child’s developing a fondness of fishing, increases with their reading of your post. Aside from the fisherman’s gratitude I’m sure the local merchants greatly appreciate your post and the happy customers that will return because of their successful trips( Restraunts, lodging etc)

Ps: I don’t intentionally fish for pike. But in the LSU met months while fishing for smallmouth and largemouth bass.
I catch a lot of pike on 1/2 or 3/4 ounce spinnerbaits. If I choose to fish for pike that would be my primary bait of choice. Throw it in bays, over, outside or inside the weed line. Change the speed of retrieve until the fish tells you what they want.( repetive bites)