Water temp/ Conditions

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

BassAkwards

Water temp/ Conditions

Post by BassAkwards » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

Can anybody fill me on.
Water temp,lake level, weed growth, etc

Has anybody been catching any nice ones, or any at all?

z-nail

Re: Water temp/ Conditions

Post by z-nail » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:09 pm

I was up 3rd week in June water was high, weeds were not bad. Weather and fishing worst I have seen in in past 12yrs. That said I only fish for bass which I catch and release. I did see one family bringing blue gills by the buckets to the cleaning house not much size. From the images on the camera the water has come down a lot and I am sure the weeds will be there. I think the lack of reports on here speaks volumes as to the bite. Good Luck and tightlines to you!!

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:20 pm

z-nail wrote:I think the lack of reports on here speaks volumes as to the bite.
That couldn't be further from the truth.

This board is weird. It sees a lot of traffic and discussion early in the season, and then shuts off as soon as bass opens. It's happened consistently for three or four years now.

The lake is packed right now with groups fishing, and they are catching nice fish. Some tanks have shown up on the Facebook page in the past few weeks for sure.

The majority of people who fish Black Lake throughout the summer are not into social media and internet forums. That's just the demographic of who fishes our lake.

For example, my neighbor up there keeps texting me pics of huge walleye and bass that he's catching. Those pics and info sure aren't getting posted on the internet.

chris14race

Post by chris14race » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:59 pm

z-nail wrote:I was up 3rd week in June water was high, weeds were not bad. Weather and fishing worst I have seen in in past 12yrs. That said I only fish for bass which I catch and release. I did see one family bringing blue gills by the buckets to the cleaning house not much size. From the images on the camera the water has come down a lot and I am sure the weeds will be there. I think the lack of reports on here speaks volumes as to the bite. Good Luck and tightlines to you!!
We were up around the same time for 5 days, we always come up around then, slowest bite we've ever seen. We normally boat a lot of fish, mostly bass and pike, with some crappie, sunnies, bowfin, rock bass, and perch mixed in. This time was tough fishing.