Fishing Report 6-17 to 6-30.

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

fishinmagician

Fishing Report 6-17 to 6-30.

Post by fishinmagician » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Just got home from two weeks at BL. They forecasted rain.....and they were right. In two weeks had maybe four days without rain in the daylight hours. Most rain I've seen in 12 years of fishing BL. The fishing was slow, but if you tried hard you could catch fish. Checked a few fish while cleaning them, they had empty stomachs, and no crayfish parts in the livewell, which is unusual. I guess that many low pressure systems had them shut down. One area I fish every year is always around 11 Ft. deep, was around 13.5 Ft. this time. I'd say the water was a bit above normal,but......it was still good to be on BL again. One day in the St. Lawrence, had sun all day, my buddy and I caught a couple dozen LM. Lots of flooding in the river, all the docks at the Bolt Castle were under water. Highest water level I ever saw in the St. L. Locals said it was around 71 when they had that high water like that. Look on the bright side, the water can only come down, (hopefully) and the fish have to start feeding soon. Fish on.........have a safe season on the water.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.