Who knows some 2016-2017 New Hot Spots for Bass

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

sickntired

Re: Who knows some 2016-2017 New Hot Spots for Bass

Post by sickntired » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 am

Well RG, you did better then I thought you would with your replies. Let me review. What I gather is that you need to be fishing next to SANTA CLAUSE. Not the EASTER BUNNY, not the TOOTH FAIRY either!! Here is that recipe I promised. Take one measure of B.S., add a slice of baloney and be sure not to swallow any of it. And say " Oh Tarter Sauce!!!!"

Dwane

Post by Dwane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 pm

There are special places where you might be able to catch some 6 pounders. Head in the river and you'll see hidden lanes that come out of the under brush. You'll have to hold up the canopy of vines and limbs. Back in these spots you'll come into hidden mini ponds. Never seen by most. Make sure you mark your way in with ribbons cause if you get lost in there no telling when your gonna get out. Thats all the info I willing to share for now.

Dwane

Post by Dwane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm

There is an island I know of that you probably won't catch a 6lb bass but if you look around on the island there is a 6 pound baby ruth and a rotted pair of boxers.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:53 am

Dwane wrote:Head in the river and you'll see hidden lanes that come out of the under brush. You'll have to hold up the canopy of vines and limbs. Back in these spots you'll come into hidden mini ponds.
Been there done that. I should have been filming a river monster episode. Thru a black and blue jig up on the bank under brush. Text book bite of a bass. Set the hook on a monster bowfin. Oh the fun. So many times I think I have had that 6+ lb bucketmouth on only to find out it's a bowfin.

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm

I've been fishing Blk. Lk. for some 30 plus years. I've seen 6lb smb or damn near caught from the far north end. In the dead of summer I have caught the same on the shallow end with this full proof method. Go out after dark toward ogdenburg and begin working the bays heading home using a jitterburg. You won't see a thing but you will hear some incredible splases as they follow the sound and, as soon as the line goes taught set the hook. It is the most incredible fishing one can do. They are feeding on sound and they miss alot but when you get one on - it's on!!They will all be 5 lb. plus. July and August are the best months to do this. You will limit out in 30 minutes. It feels like cheating.

Walleye Guy

Post by Walleye Guy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:54 pm

RG: Everyone knows that all the 6+ lunkers only come out after opening day. They are usually on Conger Island on Mondays and Thursdays. Then in Lower Deep Bay on Wednesday nights after 7:00pm and Hogsback on Tuesday mornings but leave for the Oswegatchie by noon. Perhaps you should schedule your trips to the lake after the bass season opens and you will have better luck finding them. It's too cold when you go in May and the big ones are still staging. Also, as you can see on this board not everyone is willing to give up spots ("Santa, Corner of Lonesome") because guys like you might post them on a discussion board as if they were your own when in reality you were shown them.
I've been fishing BL for almost 30 years and there are still plenty of lunkers but the numbers are down because of fellas like yourself who either a.) can't keep a secret or b.) only throw one lure. What a question SMH :roll:

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 am

A serious reply.........
If you can focus some fishing time in the fall, mid September until ice....you can increase your odds at catching a 4-6lb Black Lake largemouth. Although there should still be fish in the shallow weeds and slop especially during stable weather early in the fall, alot of the bigger bass will start moving to outside weed edges in the deepest water available with healthy green weeds. Good time to fish slow with any kind of "jump bait". Larger weights will help you fish slow. Add a large plastic creature to a 3/4 oz jig or use a larger than normal texas rigged creature or worm and fish slow. If the weeds intersect a rocky area, shoal or point try bumping a deep running crankbait off the rocks. As the water gets colder into the low 50's adding a shiner or a small sucker to a jig can do the trick. Also increases your odds for a bonus walleye or pike.
I have my favorite spots for this but you will have to find your own. I have never caught a 6lb bass from BL but plenty of 4lb and some close to 5lb.

Dwane

Post by Dwane » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:24 am

First off let me apologize for the abuse you have been taking for asking a serious question about how to catch a six pound bass. That being said most six pound bass are caught by accident in black lake by amateur fisher people (kids) Here's the secret. Go up to Walmart and get yourself a Snoopy rod and reel (3 footer) or a pink disney will work too. Then head down to the thousand island bait store ask the clerk for a giant bobber 3 to 4 inch is ideal. Then buy the biggest dead minnows he has in the tank. Head back to the lake go out on the windiest day in the week . Attach the bobber 2 feet from the hook (Oh I forgot use the smallest hook in your box). Tie the hook loosely and put the biggest dead minnow on you got. Fish close to the boat no more than six feet away. Then sit back and start complaining that your bored. There you have it! you've put the odds in your favor. Good luck!

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:06 am

Now you've done it, the secrets out, however a Buzz Lightyear pole, or little mermaid will work much better. Thanks for the light hearted look at catching trophy bass.
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

Shad Rap

Post by Shad Rap » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Last year opening week of season we caught 2 close to 6 lbs and numerous others in the 4-5 lb range...just gotta know how to fish for em...

Robbie G

Post by Robbie G » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 pm

WALLEYE GUY!
Maaaaaaaan! You Crazy!

Great info folks, thanks!

Shad color Storm 4" Chug Bug in
the Fish Bowl make Smallies go nuts
One after another on shallow side, literally right off shore