Advise or conditions?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Semperfish60
Newly Registered User

Advise or conditions?

Post by Semperfish60 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 am

My buddy and I are heading up for the week of 9/18/16. I'm looking for some fishing advise. We're mainly targeting bass and pike, and we are 99% CPR (Catch-Photo-Release). However, on one of the days, we'd like to keep enough panfish for one meal. Any advise on locating sunnies/crappies/perch would be appreciated. As I said, this is one day,out of one week,out of
the year that we'll keep fish....we won't fish it again for about 364 days :)
Thanks in advance

craiglemans

Re: Advise or conditions?

Post by craiglemans » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:38 am

We've had good luck in any of the lakes feeders, but particularly in Indian River (south end of the lake/grindstone bay). If you look at google earth image, taken 10/11/13, you'll see the river is loaded with boats near the shore, presumably picking up panfish for a fish fry as well.

We have found the panfish to be large, abundant and extremely aggressive. If the water is dark, I typically use a florescent jig head/worm and just cast toward the classic fish holding spots, no bobber. Gulp waxies work well of the fish are stealing worms (I fish with kids).

Good luck and enjoy your time at the lake!!

BassAkwards

Post by BassAkwards » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:33 am

If your looking to target bass, take a quick trip over to the St. Lawrence for the day.

Semperfish60
Newly Registered User

Post by Semperfish60 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for the input....we'll definitely head up Indian River.

BassAkwards

Post by BassAkwards » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:12 am

I'll be up on Saturday and Sunday and should be able to give you some more advice then.
I believe the Dash For Cash tournament is on sunday, but the winds look pretty rough for it.