Wishin Fishin Rpt. 5/13 - 5/16

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wishin fishin

Wishin Fishin Rpt. 5/13 - 5/16

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 17, 2016 8:15 am

Sorry for the delay but I was having connection issues at my site.

Ok my weekend at Black Lake - one word WEATHER!!

We got their Fri. morn. hit the water at 10am. Windy and not as cold went down to the north end to get out of the wind but caught hell on the way back - white caps 2-3' rollers, we were able to get to our favorite bays, we caught 150 crappie between 4 of us but half that were under 9". Got out that evening same conditions the crappie were very aggresive swallowing down the jigs. Again we did pretty good I caught 50 myself.
Sat. Colder, windery, rain got out went to the one bay that was producing did ok considering the conditions. Conditions continued to get worse as the day progressed - cold, high winds, cold rain. still biting somwhow but began shutting down - called it a day.

Sun. cold, windy rain, hail was able to get out late morning but didn't stay out long 3-4 hrs. the bite was slow, strong gusty winds. Never came back out the rest of the day hail/rain gusty winds - no bite.

Sunday morning we usually go out before checking out but we didn't it was very cold. Just packed it up and went home.

Who is ever there this weekend will hammer them, their calling for thurs. - Mon. 75 and sunny. What's crazy is - this was suppose to be our weekend but we came a week early oh well you can nerer predict spring weather.

I still love black lake but, this was a first for us under these conditions but I was able to come home with 70 keeper crappie considering.

...Fish On!

Yev14

Re: Wishin Fishin Rpt. 5/13 - 5/16

Post by Yev14 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Sounds like you did well considering. I've fished a lot of places over the years, Black Lake is the most weather dependent place I've ever fished. When the weather cooperates the fishing can't be beat. Great place to go even if you can't get out though. Always fun, some times you catch more than others....