fishing trip May 13th - 15th

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

mopsny

fishing trip May 13th - 15th

Post by mopsny » Mon May 16, 2016 11:30 am

We got to the lake Friday about noon , fished off the dock for awhile and got 2 northerns 23" , of course missed a few , went out to big bay about 4 p.m. the wind came up and made it hard to stay put , so John and I went out to catfish bay to get out of the wind , Louie and Earl stayed in big bay , it was calmer in catfish but not many bites , John did catch a 28" 10lb dogfish but that all we got , tried a few other spots but no luck , Louie and Earl did better in big bay they caught 3 northerns 14" to 22" and a 17.5 LMB ... Saturday morning we went back out to big bay , much better weather and very little wind by 11 we caught 18 fish 7 northerns 15' to 30" , 10 dogfish 15" to 28" ( another 10lb dog ) , 1 19.5" LMB , also caught a 12" grappie and a few 13" perch , Saturday afternoon we went out to big bay but the wind was bad so we found a bay to set in , we only ended up with 3 northerns 22" to 26" , Sunday very cold and windy so only Louie and Earl went out ( brave or crazy ) they were out for 3 hours and caught 1 northern 17" and 1 25" dogfish ... even with the windy conditions we still caught 31 fish 16 northerns 13 dogs and 2 LMB and as always fishing with minnows and catch and release we had a great time ( my 47th year coming here ) good luck and hope the wind lets up for you other fishermen and women ....

danielsardina

Re: fishing trip May 13th - 15th

Post by danielsardina » Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Mopsny,

Are you fishing with Louie and Earl Sorensen (they may have changed their name to Sowich)? I saw forestport on your profile, and Louie moved there some years ago. I grew up with Louie and Earl in Utica, NY. Their brother Henry is my best friend. Louie turned us on to Black Lake about 8 years ago. Great guys. Earl used to roller skate all over Utica as a youngster. Say hello to them from Sardina, and when you talk to Louie, tell him thanks for the Burger King (inside joke, he will explain with some colorful language).
We used to pick night crawlers and go fishing all day when we were young. Didn't care what we caught, and always had a great time. Hope to see them both this summer when I visit their brother.

mopsny

Re: fishing trip May 13th - 15th

Post by mopsny » Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 am

Louie and Earl were part of our group , I've been coming to black lake for 47 years , and I've discovered that not only are there big fish in the lake , but also you get to meet a lot of nice people ...