315Anglers Trip Fishing Report

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

315Anglers4Life

315Anglers Trip Fishing Report

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Wed May 11, 2016 12:41 am

Sooo we'll be going up to Black Lake in 3 days!!!! :O Needles to say we are pumped , I will try and keep an ongoing report throughout the week on this thread , I will try and update it every night when we return from our excursions. We are looking forward to the challenge of finding the fish as we are every year . If anyone would like to inbox us and share/trade tips and information in more detail than what I post feel free too we target all species and are pretty successful at locating them . There's plenty of fish for everyone so were not stingy...Tight Lines Everyone and Good Luck!!! :P

wishin fishin

Re: 315Anglers Trip Fishing Report

Post by wishin fishin » Wed May 11, 2016 8:07 am

I will also try doing the same regarding posting. We are leaving tommorrow night (thurs. at midnight).

...Fish on!

315Anglers4Life

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Sun May 22, 2016 6:26 am

Well due to forgetting the laptop I was unable to post a day by day report. The first 2 days were brutal ...super cold windy and rainy although the crappie bite was hot , we found them in about 5 foot of water and the action was nonstop. Although a lot of shorts still steady action . The following day it began to get sunny and a little warmer the fish completely left the areas we were finding them during the cold weather. You could find them all over the place but it was hard to locate good size groups of them and ones that were good size. We made some night trips to the river and in the 2 days we did landed probably close to 40 walleyes, but again a lot of shorts biggest one was about 24 inchs . By the time we left the crappies had started to push up on the banks fo the islands , not all the way up on them but close, we also found a view deeper in 14-19ft range that were hungry also, we attempted to go on a big fish mission the last night from shore in the St Lawrence but the 3 Sheriffs and 4 or 5 State Police showed up with canines and all and shut down that fishing attempt. Ill tell you Friday night was out of hand, road blocks everywhere, State Police had people pulled over left and right , tons of Sheriffs where out and Border Patrol also . The walleyes are moving at night at the Bridge on Black Lake, which is no secret since ti was mobbed there when we stopped , we tried earlier in the week and when we got there the Amish had 4 or 5 wagons and about 10 of them had the bridge spots locked down. It was a nice week , and we enjoyed ourselfs, we even took the pontoon out on night missions and anchored accros the lake in some back bays and just enjoyed the atmosphere , so nothing crazy to report, but walleyes are moving and crappies are starting to push shallow .....

ShaneO19

Post by ShaneO19 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:31 am

Nice report. Sounds like you definitely had a fun and interesting trip... When you say close to 40 walleyes in the river are you talking about the St Lawrence River or Indian River? Also what happened with sheriff's and troopers? Something going on in the area?

315Anglers4Life

Post by 315Anglers4Life » Mon May 23, 2016 11:35 pm

Oswegatchie River at the mouth where is flows from St. Lawrence , theres a big spawn up there around opener , these ones are the smaller ones left over since its a week or so after, few big ones in the mix still. I dunno why the heavy State/Local and Border Patrol presence that night , the reason so many responded to our location with canines and stuff is a boat reported seeing lights on shore Sherriff said smugglers usually use headlamps to signal drop offs or pick ups....I dunno , we were just trying to fish lol

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 am

I went out with a local guide on the St. Lawrence once. All day he kept pointing out border patrol agents that I would never have seen on my own. They are sneaky folk.

I'm glad they are there.

Curt In Heuvy

Post by Curt In Heuvy » Thu May 26, 2016 1:19 pm

because of the closeness to Canada there is always a smuggling issue and a law enforcement presence it might be actual officers or cameras with night vision and or infrared. people don,t think about it much but homeland security is doing their thing as much as local law. but that night , there was many burglary's in the burg. i would add a link to northcountrynow.com they had a article about it but i'm not sure how. i believe it was 5 or 6 places that were entered by very similar ways.