fishing report Sept. 4 - 7

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

mopsny

fishing report Sept. 4 - 7

Post by mopsny » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:24 am

Came up to the lake Friday Sept. 4th , went out fishing in the afternoon , got 1 23" N.P. , 1 23 " dog and a small LMB , Saturday tried different spots in the morning and afternoon , but caught 0 , Sunday caught 1 16" dog , 1 18' dog , 1 23' dog and a 28' 9lb dog in the am , in the afternoon got a 26' 9lb cat , Monday caught 1 25' dog , 1 21' N.P. , 1 13" LMB 1 23' N.P. and a 30" 12lb cat , all on minnows .. the weather was hot and sunny for all 4 days , water was warm and low , but we did catch 13 fish for the weekend and lost a few pretty good size ones , so a very good trip , as always we catch and release , another great time at black lake ...... we will be back in May .....

sickntired

Re: fishing report Sept. 4 - 7

Post by sickntired » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:18 pm

It's nice to see you had a great time despite the poor fishing. Fishing is not just about fishing as much as it is about everything that goes along with it. The company you keep, the meals you share, and the conversation you share, etc.. That's way to many dog fish and not enough bass for my taste. If people are catching that many dog fish then its time to turn them into dog food or through them up on the bank. I'm sure you'll do better in May.

ShaneO19

Post by ShaneO19 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:16 pm

sickntired wrote:It's nice to see you had a great time despite the poor fishing. Fishing is not just about fishing as much as it is about everything that goes along with it. The company you keep, the meals you share, and the conversation you share, etc.. That's way to many dog fish and not enough bass for my taste. If people are catching that many dog fish then its time to turn them into dog food or through them up on the bank. I'm sure you'll do better in May.
So what you catch isn't too important but if you catch dogfish they should be thrown on shore. Yeah makes sense. :?

sickntired

Post by sickntired » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:56 pm

EXACTLY!!!