Report: June 13-20

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

MrSimon

Report: June 13-20

Post by MrSimon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 am

The whole family spent a week on the lake fishing and relaxing!

Water was high, but we had no trouble launching, getting the pontoon under the bridge, or catching fish.

Since my fishing buddies this year were 8 and 5 years old, I had to adjust my fishing style and expectations. We ended up fishing for panfish mostly, and boy did we catch them! That lake literally has endless numbers of bluegill, sunfish, and perch. All you have to do is drop a jig down with a little bit of worm on it and you'll catch one. I spent all week taking fish off hooks and putting worms back on. Nothing could have been more fun!

We also picked up some really nice bass, a couple dandy pike, two giant bowfin, and crappie up to 14 inches. We also caught some bullhead and even four golden shiners, which I've never caught in the lake before.

Everything was released except for one big crappie that went in the pan.

There were times I wish I could have gone out and done some more 'serious' fishing, but the smiles on my kids faces were better than catching any fish.

Central NY Girl

Re: Report: June 13-20

Post by Central NY Girl » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Nice report. Isn't it funny how those innocent little smiles have us wrapped around their fingers. :D My husband and I took the kids out early this morning.
I never got my pole in the water but I enjoyed every minute!

dpiemo
Newly Registered User

Post by dpiemo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Hello,
I am coming up to Black Lake from Philadelphia late Thursday night; fishing Friday through early AM Sunday. Staying at Indian Head Point. fished black lake once a few years ago. can anyone give me an idea of what has been hitting lately in that area????

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:17 am

dpiemo wrote:Hello,
I am coming up to Black Lake from Philadelphia late Thursday night; fishing Friday through early AM Sunday. Staying at Indian Head Point. fished black lake once a few years ago. can anyone give me an idea of what has been hitting lately in that area????
Everything is biting!

You just have to figure out on what :wink:

dpiemo
Newly Registered User

Post by dpiemo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:20 am

haha. thanks for the info! We didn't have a ton of success last time up there, aside from hooking one large muskie. hoping for more success this time around. weather looks great for this weekend as well

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Some good advice for catching bass is to find nice green weeds in 4-8 feet of water and fish them thoroughly and slow. The bass are spread out all over the lake. Chances are if a place looks good, it is. You just have to slow down and figure out what will make them bite.

Running all over the lake trying to find hot fish is usually a mistake.

tr21

Post by tr21 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Mr Simon Good that you had fun with your grandchildren. I have been there. Its better than us catching.

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 am

tr21 wrote:Mr Simon Good that you had fun with your grandchildren. I have been there. Its better than us catching.
Whoa there cowboy .... I'm only in my 30's. They are my kids, not grandkids. :D :D

tr21

Post by tr21 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:06 pm

SORRY ABOUT THAT