fishing report 5-1 to 5-8

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

HORTON

Re: fishing report 5-1 to 5-8

Post by HORTON » Fri May 08, 2015 11:52 am

Bob O,

Great report, very informative. We will be up from Long Island on the 23rd. We would have been there this weekend but due to other factors we had to push it back. By time we get there the crappie bite will more than likely be a done deal, but a week away from home and work......who cares. We stay with Dave Roll down on Fisherman's Landing. I dont know where Hogback is but we do fish Lonesome bay and big bay. We will try your tips and hopefully we can come up with at least dinner, if not crappie we will eat Pike......we are not picky.

Once again, great report.

cheftommy70

Post by cheftommy70 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Hogsback island is jjust east of Bowman island... Across from mcclears, Fishbone cafe and chapmans bait shop

HORTON

Post by HORTON » Sat May 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Thank you, I found it on the map. it's all the way at the other end of the lake. it will be a nice little run with our tiny 15 hp but we will go for it at least one day. It was closer to the log cabins where we stayed yrs go.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sat May 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Horton,
Try for crappie at a rock that is submerged just north of jennies island. This is on the north end by Mitchell bay. North of Jennie say 100 yards are three buoy anchor just inside the middle buoy and cast into the rock. We had good luck there in the past.
Good luck!
Bob
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

HORTON

Post by HORTON » Sun May 10, 2015 7:20 am

Thanks Bob we will give it a shot. I still think will be a little late but we are going for it. I will post the report we we get back.

HORTON

Post by HORTON » Sun May 10, 2015 7:26 am

J just looked it up on the map, i know where Jennies Island is, It is almost directly across from where we are staying. I know the big rock. I think there is an old boat house there also. Thanks again Bob

mopsny

Post by mopsny » Sat May 16, 2015 5:50 am

while our crew doesn't fish for crappies , the people that were in our campsite were having good luck near elwood point , if that's any help ....

wishin fishin

Post by wishin fishin » Tue May 19, 2015 1:54 pm

just back from our annual trip to blk. lake. We are crappie fisherman and did great.v The weather was perfect. They were biting friday over in the tavern Is. area, as well as, big bay - we were working 2-poles and couldn't keep up. The area was a morning and evening bite. I also caught a few bull-heads, a northern and a small channel cat. It was a great weekend.