fishing report 8-31, 9-01

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bob-O

fishing report 8-31, 9-01

Post by Bob-O » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:03 pm

We went out for the two evenings looking for small mouth. We first tried the pimple for a little while not much luck. We moved to devils grave yard and the fish were hitting like crazy. We were using crabs rigged with the sinker at the end of the line and the hook tied to a three way swivel a few feet up. we went through three dozen crabs each night. The littler crabs producing much better than the larger ones. The small mouth were jumping and splashing all the way to the boat…. I usually don’t use live bait due to catch and release. But using this rig we could feel the bit and set the hook before the crab was in deep. Some fish were caught on the same crab. We were getting a mix of large mouth also, my brother in law caught a beautiful 5lb plus bass. This was the largest bass I ever saw, striped line off the pole like crazy and we were cautious due to the buoy line (we parked on the west side in 10-12 fow and threw into the rocks. Black lake always surprises me, been fishing here for 13 years and each year lean a new technique or fish spot that I drive by all the time. Good luck, the fishing should pick up as the water cools. Bob
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

cw14

Re: fishing report 8-31, 9-01

Post by cw14 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

i like the sound of that.. hope theyre still hungry on thursday when i get there :D