Fishing sept late sept advice

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

radelizi

Fishing sept late sept advice

Post by radelizi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm

I realize the weather has been little strange this year. Any one have advice how to target northern pike late September? What about Bass, are they still active at that time on the lake?

radelizi

Re: Fishing sept late sept advice

Post by radelizi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 am

anyone catching pike?

cw14

Post by cw14 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I will be up there next weekend. Will post ya a report when we get back

radelizi

Post by radelizi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Well over Labor day weekend while fishing for bass (Shallow and Deep). We caught Pike on crankbaits, spinnerbaits and top water. Pretty much anything I threw and every location we fished. Some even right before pulling the lure out of the water. I believe I tallied more legal sized pike than legal sized Bass those 3 days. Plus a good sized bowfin that I though might have been a Walleye 20 foot from the boat.

Gary

Post by Gary » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Black Laker
We have been at BL since May, and I target N Pike, and bass after that.
I usually try to drift from 6 to 8 ft of water where I can see weeds on the bottom to shallow. I start fan casting with a large silver rattle trap. As I get into weeds, I again fan cast with a spinner bait. As the weeds get thicker, I switch to a buss bait. If nothing, I switch to a sinko swim bait. If still nothing, and I am not catching bass by then, I move on.

I use a steel leader with the rattle trap and 30lb mono leader on the other lures. Sometimes they bite through the mono, but not often.

On the spinner B, I change out the trailing willow blade for a smaller one. It sinks better and has less resistance.

I use a buss bait with a longer shank, as well as the trailer hook.

I always use trailer hooks and in may and June when the weeds aren't as bad, I use a treble hook for a trailer. I was getting hard bites, with no hook up. the trebles always hook up, but they catch weeds as well. it's a trade off.

I Always do a finger 8, or at least drag it in front of me as I watch the bait. Very often the bite is at the edge of the boat.

This year has been great for pike. I caught 2 this morning, and no bass. The best days are overcast with a chop on the water. This morning was down right windy.

Hope this helps. For us, I believe tomorrow will be the last day. Great season.

best Regards,

Gary

Gary

Post by Gary » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:09 pm

I got out this morning about 8am.
Figered I woul just fish on this side of the lake. I wanted to use up my gass for the year, as I am leaving tomorrow.

I started drifting at Rogers Camp and caught 2pike. 27 inches and 30 inches. Both on spinner baits. I had 2come to the boat and did not take the bait, that I actually saw.
It's my opinion that, when it comes to pike, you miss more than you catch, and don't know it.

well, that's it for this year. Going home in the AM. The boat is a mess. Something to work on.

Best Regards

gary