Best fishing ever

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

riverposie

Best fishing ever

Post by riverposie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:57 pm

oooo

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Best fishing ever

Post by Phil » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 am

Very nice riverposie.
Phil

rickyvaughn
Newly Registered User

Post by rickyvaughn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 am

Hey all,

Long time, first time.

If there's two things that give fishermen a bad rep, it's liars and those who over harvest. This guy appears to be both.

This is the same guy that claimed him and his wife caught 100 per day with most in the 4lb. - 6lb. range. Kinda contradicts what he posted above, eh?

Also, while watching videos on Youtube (because I can't wait to get up there myself) I came across this little diddy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLG_-OHxWmg

LOOK AT ALL THOSE BASS!!! WHO NEEDS TO KEEP THAT MANY BASS???

tr21

Post by tr21 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

IF YOU ASK ME SOME OF THOSE BASS WERE SHORT.

riverposie

Post by riverposie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:53 pm

every bass we caught was released except for our legal limits....And yes we caught around 100 bass a day all sizes...jealousy is not an issue, we are just good..My custom made world wide known
lures were featured in In_Fisherman magazine & many of my Canadian pro friends won tournaments on my one of a kind lures. That is why we were crowned king & queen Bass fisherman on Black lake.So say what you want, but we speak the truth

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Now the story is changing. First it's 100 fish a day for 30 days, now it's 100 fish a week. I'm not a math major, but we just went from 3000 fish to 400. That's a big difference. It seems you are ok with taking as many legal fish as the law allows. If everyone did this, and kept the large breeders I saw on your YouTube video, you and a couple hundred of your like and kind could really put a dent in the bass population of this outstanding fishery. So go ahead and catch all the legal fish you can, and get those breeders out of the lake. Someday we can tell our grandchildren how good the lake once was, before the King and Queen of Black Lake decided to muck it up for future generations. (That's something to be proud of, isn't it?)
I would like to see a slot limit to keep these much needed breeders in the lake. If big fish mean that much to you, why not measure it, photo it and release it. Have a fiberglass mount made. They last a whole lot longer than a real fish mount. http://www.blacklakeny.com/forum/postin ... f=2&t=1990#
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

fishinmagician

Post by fishinmagician » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Hey TR21 I just saw your post about shorts. I agree with you, some do look short. Maybe we can get this guy to tell the truth ( I saw the video of him packing and a Bible in the packed items) That's a good start, and how to read a tape measure would also be helpful.
"And that's all I have to say about" fg
The second amendment is in place, in case THEY decide to ignore all the others.

rickyvaughn
Newly Registered User

Post by rickyvaughn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 pm

I would hope that someone with such an honorary and distinctive title as "King of Black Lake" (if such a thing exists) would act with more nobility and practice catch and release to preserve the lake for generations to come.

I sure would love to get my hands on some of those worldwide famous lures... do you sell them at the same place you sell your magic beans?

riverposie

Post by riverposie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:32 am

i am finished replying to your stupidity & jealousy..eat your heart out..maybe some day we can get together in Canada for a giant fish fry with all the tons i keep to eat & I could teach you how to catch fish with my famous lures Mr. Novice.The end

https://youtu.be/Wo5zwy7xync

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 am

I think a guy and his wife spending some time together at the lake catching fish is great! I think if more people did that the world would be a better place.

I also think the two of them having success and keeping some fish for a meal is fantastic. Good for them!

However, keeping enough fish to pack your freezer for a year is nice for you, but the lake just can't support that kind of harvest. I recognize the law allows it, but unfortunately the law is poorly written.

Like the Bible says in 1 Corinthians, not all things that are lawful are expedient.

MrBluegill

Post by MrBluegill » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Very well said, Mr. Simon.

sickntired

Post by sickntired » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:44 pm

I too have just watched that YouTube video and am stunned. You look like a happy couple, but can't you be happy and enjoy your vacation without killing all those fish. There's nothing wrong with keeping a few for a dinner or two, but to stuff the freezer full is shameful. I'm not a religious person but if you are , then, I think that bible of yours says something about gluttony. I keep a few too, but after watching that, I think I should let mine go so there is something for next year. Shame on you.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 pm

riverpossie - I liked your video and I, for one, do not see a thing wrong with keeping a legal limit, no matter how often, if that's what you want. I like fresh caught fish too and will admit that I keep my limits, when I get them, whenever I can. I'm going to eat fish, does not matter where it comes from. I used to post a lot of PICs on here - but decided to save my peace and that of the C&R crowd. Does not mean I quit taking PICs - they just do not appear on here.
Stop what is illegal and you will save Black Lake forever. C&R will not do it. That's just my opinion.
Phil

492VS

Post by 492VS » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:17 am

Who cares where the fish go. If they ain't going north they sure are going south. Besides why rehash a post 2 years old.