options to fishing black lake

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

dumprdog
Newly Registered User

options to fishing black lake

Post by dumprdog » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:38 pm

spent a fine week over the 4th of july on the lake. caught bass on the inside & outside edges of the weeds on senkos, plastic worms, topwater, & red crawfish crankbaits when you could throw them. pike caught on chartreuse spinnerbaits all around weeds. the best day, however was spent on the st. lawrence river with guide randy yager, of guidedbasstrips, listed on this forum. smallmouth galore, a full (i mean full) day fishing, & information for anyone willing to listen. charter him for a trip, you will not be disappointed. he guides both black lake & the st. lawrence, do yourself a favor, especially if you are an experienced fisherman looking to catch big smallies; if you are not experienced you will still catch memories of a lifetime. if i ever get back there i will be seeing him again. thanks, randy for the great trip. 4 smallmouth over 4lbs with one of those pushing 5lbs is a good day by any comparison. randy lease