Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Shad Rap

Re: Report

Post by Shad Rap » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Agreed...I was just making conversation...I'll still come to black lake to catch 3 pounders all day for sure!..love the lake and love the area...I'll try and upload some pics of our trip also...u fish black lake much sakman?..or just one week out of the year like myself?

Shad Rap

Post by Shad Rap » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

492VS wrote:Back on the original topic. That is some quality fish. Hats off to both of you. There are big fish in the lake, although if you beat the banks to death you might get lucky with one. You probe the right offshore areas your hands will get sore. Again very refreshing report and pics.
Funny u said that...with the water being high opening week we beat the banks and killed em...one area we caught 8 keepers sitting still in a matter of about 10 minutes...but you're right there did seem to be a better quality fish with the water being at normal level and being able to drift certain offshore areas...that's what we were hoping for but we had to change our strategy...what the heck happened to the weedbeds that you used to see 20 years ago?

sakman33

Post by sakman33 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I try and make it up to Black Lake a few times a year. I teach Summer school so it all depends on my schedule. But, like I said in my earlier post.....the algae bloom has prevented me from coming up as often as I wanted. That stuff gets really nasty and makes fishing conditions miserable. It's not like you can seek out deep water either.

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 am

Great report!

This post proves that people who complain about the bass fishing at Black Lake just need to learn to fish differently or better. The bass are there. Lots of them. And they get quite big.

To consistently catch larger bass at Black Lake requires considerable skill, adaptability, perseverance, and a little bit of luck. Apparently sakman33 has all that .... and an attractive fishing partner to boot :wink: