report for may 22-25

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

finkle

report for may 22-25

Post by finkle » Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Like the previous 3 posts for this past week the fishing was lousy to say the least. In the 20 years I have been coming to bl lake (same time of year) I have never been skunked!! Till now! The rotten weather did not help as it was hard to keep my son happy with the non stop wind and cold out in the boat and not getting any action so to be honest we did not put the usual effort in. All told with 8 of us (4 were kids) 6 pike 1 gar that's it except for the kids catching plenty of dinks (sunnies and perch) off the docks. Curious as to how other people feel but the last 5-6 years the wind has been crazy ie N.E. I remember when I first started fishing the lake and catching 10-20 pike a day and never getting kicked off the water do too the wind. The owner of where we stay actually has contemplated giving up his business as he is tired of always fixing his docks. Anyways we still had a good time and we look forward to hopefully a better year next year tho my feeling is that the pike fishing is nowhere to what it used to be.

riverposie

Re: report for may 22-25

Post by riverposie » Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 pm

finkle wrote:Like the previous 3 posts for this past week the fishing was lousy to say the least. In the 20 years I have been coming to bl lake (same time of year) I have never been skunked!! Till now! The rotten weather did not help as it was hard to keep my son happy with the non stop wind and cold out in the boat and not getting any action so to be honest we did not put the usual effort in. All told with 8 of us (4 were kids) 6 pike 1 gar that's it except for the kids catching plenty of dinks (sunnies and perch) off the docks. Curious as to how other people feel but the last 5-6 years the wind has been crazy ie N.E. I remember when I first started fishing the lake and catching 10-20 pike a day and never getting kicked off the water do too the wind. The owner of where we stay actually has contemplated giving up his business as he is tired of always fixing his docks. Anyways we still had a good time and we look forward to hopefully a better year next year tho my feeling is that the pike fishing is nowhere to what it used to be.

we are coming for a month..we always get over 100 bass a week 2-5 lbs.. it dont get any better..yes the wind is bad