LAKE TEMPS

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

racing11111

LAKE TEMPS

Post by racing11111 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:35 am

Anybody been checking the lake temps? If so please post . Any crappie action Yet? Just curious because ice came off so late this year. Thanks

bluschen

Re: LAKE TEMPS

Post by bluschen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Last year someone had posted a link to a site that had water temperatures/conditions for Black lake. I looked yesterday in some of the old posts but could not find it...Anybody out there know where we can find the Info? We are headed up the week of May 12 to the 19th for Crappie/Pike...We are Staying on the south side at Kennedy's Massaqueppi (sp).

fisherman2582

Post by fisherman2582 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 am

I found the web site with lake temp info it is called weatherlink.com and they do have a water temp listed it is under dons dockside weather looks like the water temps are between 43 to 49 and change overnight with the cold clear nights lost 5 degrees last night says 43 degrees for a water temp this morning a long ways off from spawning temps hope it warms up soon..Only eleven more days til we come up and its still really cold its black lake though and we will catch something we always do thanks and good luck fishing.

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks fisherman...I knew I saw it last year but could not remember where the link was posted...Now I have it under favorites!

radelizi

Post by radelizi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Planning a trip to black lake first weekend in may. Any one have any experiences that time of year?

bluschen

Post by bluschen » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Definitely check out the pike and crappie fishing if you have not been there before. We usually hit the lake the second weekend in May and we have never been disapointed. The wind can be tricky and the water does get rough when the wind drives down the lake. But you occasionally need to be smart and just stay in and have a few beers.