Best Time To Visit

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Mac

Best Time To Visit

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

I am sure this has been addressed maybe 1000X in the past, but humor me please.

My wife and I are planning next year's week vacation and have never been to BL.
We have fished the 1000 Island areas of the river and Lake O many times over the years but for some strange reason we have never made it to BL. It's time!

We don't need HOT weather, but really want to avoid May.
My wife likes to fish, but she prefers to CATCH.

If you wanted to CATCH fish, bass, pike, eyes, and maybe some crappie (not necessarily in that order), what week would you choose for sheer numbers?

We will be staying at McLears on the SW end of the lake and have a 16' Mirrocraft with a 20hp tiller Merc. Not really a speed demon, so motoring long distances isn't typically preferred, but I will pick up and run if and when needed.

Thanks tons!
Mac

bassassin
Newly Registered User

Re: Best Time To Visit

Post by bassassin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 am

I have never been to BL either, but I am going this weekend. May is actually a great time to fish, so you may want to reconsider avoiding that month. Good luck.

groogruxking

Post by groogruxking » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:24 am

bassassin wrote:I have never been to BL either, but I am going this weekend. May is actually a great time to fish, so you may want to reconsider avoiding that month. Good luck.
hey im heading out next weekend lemme know how ya did. thanks

lumpy

Post by lumpy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Im sure some of the locals can help you with this question. Ive been going to BL for 16 yrs and same time, the end of Aug, every year.If I had to say anytime is a good time at BL. Enjoy your trip next year Im sure you will get plenty post in the next year.

irishman13

Post by irishman13 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:10 am

I usually get up to BL about 8-12 times a year between early April and November. I would say it is tough to tell when the best time to visit is. I have had great fishing almost anytime but the fishing at BL can turn on and turn off like a light switch. If I had to pick I would look in late June or sometime in August but that's just my opinion.