7/16 thru 7/23 reports

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Bassprojjr

7/16 thru 7/23 reports

Post by Bassprojjr » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:00 am

The post is a little late because of being busy. Took the family for a week so i did not get to fish as much as i wanted but we had great time! When i did get out it was early morning and late evening. I managed to get into some walleye while trolling Flicker Shads on the backside of Rasberry Island between 15-17 fow. Also picked up a few Smallies and Largemouth this way. When i fished structure with soft plasics trigger X craws Texas rigged worked well for smallies on the rocks...Same for the Largemouth when I moved to the weeds. All and all good fishing and good fun with th Family

ICE ADDICT

Re: 7/16 thru 7/23 reports

Post by ICE ADDICT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 am

Nice job bassprojjr! Getting Waldo to go on Black is not an easy thing to do during the dog days of summer!

Black Lake is truly a beautiful place that has a certain mystique that keeps people coming back year after year...She truely is a gem.

Welcome to the legion of devoted Black Lake worshipers!
John Battistella

Bassprojjr

Re: 7/16 thru 7/23 reports

Post by Bassprojjr » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm

John off the north end of the Island was the best. Speed from 1.7 to 2.0 was the range i stayed in..I will tell you in advance that the channel cat also like this presentation! Who knows you may see me back up there the week you will be there!