Guided Bass Trip 7/19

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trip 7/19

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Tues 7/19 I had Guy, Rich, and Matt from PA on board for a half day trip on Black Lake. They were staying at Back Bay and this was there first time to Black Lake. They were looking for some pointers on fishing the lake and are still learning how to fish for bass. I began the morning on a weedline to show them how to fish a senko on a grassline. Within an hour they each had caught 2-3 bass apiece on the senko. They were small bass but helpful in teaching them the technique. I switched to a shoal and they caught a few more but again nothing big. Fortunately I had wild shiners on board and when I switched them to the shiners, within an hour they caught a 5 pounder, a couple of 3 pounders, and an acrobatic 3 1/2 pound smallmouth. Later I went to another point and they caught 10 more bass until the shiners were gone. There best bass fishing day ever and I think they were impressed with Black Lake. All bass were released.

Overall the bass fishing has been slow on artificials especially as the day wears on. Early and late is good on senkos and topwaters. Live bait is better although bottom fishing with crayfish is still slow.

Good luck to everyone fishing the lake.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.