Guided Bass Trip 7/14

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trip 7/14

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:04 am

On Thursday 7/14 I had two ladies on board! Melissa and Karen are from Plattsburgh on Lake Champlain, an incredible bass fishing lake itself. They came to Black Lake two years ago and liked the peaceful lodging and quietness of the lake.

Lucky for them I had time to catch about 30 wild shiners the day prior. We began the morning on a rock shoal and quality 3 and 4 lb largemouth ate those shiners one after another. It seemed like they caught a bass on each one. With only a few shiners left I switched them to senko fishing on a weedline. Karen is very good with a baitcasting rod and both showed they are good fisherman catching more bass throughout the day. They also caught a few smallmouth but none bigger than 2 pounds. Later in the afternoon when the action slowed, I pulled onto a point, threw out the remaining shiners, and watched the same thing happen until they were gone in about 5 minutes. I believe they counted 27 bass for the day up to 4 pounds. A wonderful fishing day. The only thing missing was a 5 or 6 lber which should eat a wild shiner over an artificial. We'll see as the summer progresses if some bigger fish show up.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.