July 12

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

kiknbss14

July 12

Post by kiknbss14 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Great morning...fished from 6am-1pm...went right to a spot where I caught a few better fish yesterday and within a couple of casts a nail a 4.1lb lmb...I pick a couple more off the spot but none over 15"...from around 9-12 thats when the fun began...I moved to a spot w vegetation and started w a Spro Frog...caught 4 more quality largies..after the sun burned through it slowed down a bit but I did catch em....5 largies @ 16+lbs...probably my best outing here. Amazes me to see so many people complain about not catching big fish here...they are there! You have to cover some water and find them. If you catch one there are probably more there. I have found that to be the case the past few days...All fish were released.
Attachments
IMAG0617-1.jpg
(196.56 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

sasnyder

Re: July 12

Post by sasnyder » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Awsome fish. congrats. Im glad you took the time to find the fish so many don't. I can't wait to get back.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 am

Nice fish! Thanks for the report and the photo. The quest to find the fish and the people that I meet along the way are what keeps me comming back!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 am

Haven't been able to fish since opening day. Went once and had boat problems. Thanks for the great report and picture. It keeps me going to get things fixed and get out there hopefully once this weekend. I run and gun a lot while on the lake to find them. They are there for sure. Glad someone had a stellar day.