7/8-7/11

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

madperry

7/8-7/11

Post by madperry » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Spent a long weekend making morning and evening runs. Could not find a bad spot on the lake. Largemouth and Pike hitting shallow running crankbaits and lipless crankbaits, as well as jigs with soft tails. Largest LM at 4 lbs. Nothing that exceeded 24" with the pike, but they were eager to bite anything with a firetiger pattern. Even a few bass on firetiger. I've never fished this lake before in the summer so I was a little surprised by that given the clarity of the water. We had a nice fighting 8-10lb blue cat make it into the boat, as well as a hard fighting bowfin. Walleye were not interested in deep running stick baits.

The past 4 days was the most productive summer fishing I have ever experienced. We only had 1 slow morning with a somewhat weak bite. I look forward to coming up again this coming winter!

Hank Jr
Newly Registered User

Re: 7/8-7/11

Post by Hank Jr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Good report sounds like you had a good weekend . I saw you said you never fished the lake in the summer have you ever fished it in Sept ? I"m coming up in Sept for the first time and wondered how the fishing is then . Thanks for the help.

Hank Jr