Guided Bass Trip 7/10

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

Guided Bass Trip 7/10

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Sunday 7/10 I had Jeff Scott and his 16 yr old son Jeff for a half day trip on Black Lake. They booked with me last year for a half day and mainly fished senkos. So this time I was hoping to show them something different. The bite is slowing down compared to prior weeks which is common approaching Mid July. I took the time to catch about 2 dozen wild shiners on Saturday evening. They began the morning throwing senkos and dad threw a topwater for a little while on a shoal. The senko attracted their usual action from smaller largemouth and then young Jeff caught a solid 3 pounder on it. The topwater produced one 2 pounder and a missed fish but that was it. I switched to weedline and they caught more fish on the senko and also a lizard. A couple of those fish were also around 3 pounds. I saved the shiners for the latter half of the morning, setting up in three different areas with them. They proceeded to catch more fish on them but still nothing larger than 3 pounds. All were largemouth. We ended at 1pm and they probably caught about 12 bass.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.