7/9-10

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Glenp

7/9-10

Post by Glenp » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm

We went to check the camp over the weekend. While we didn't have a lot of time to find fish, we did spend some time on the lake fishing for bluegills for a fish fry. The bluegill fishing was moderately good. The thing that surprised us were the amount of really nice smallmouth caught in two days. We neither measured or weighed them, just returned them to the lake. There were a few that were still a bit gaunt from spawning. Most of them however, looked like footballs. I would estimate that the larger ones were in the 17-18 inch range.
Since we were fishing for bluegills, we were jigging using jigs tipped with nightcrawler peices on the edges of shoals.

moonriver

Re: 7/9-10

Post by moonriver » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey Glen,
Thanks for the report, and thanks for the "heads up" on the smallies! Heading north on the 23rd! Thanks again! :D
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

Hank Jr
Newly Registered User

Post by Hank Jr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi we are making a trip up in the middle of Sept for the first time can you give me some general info on what the water conditions and weed growth will be like ? I know the lake has Bass , Walleye and Pike I also heard there is some Muskie there . Can you give me the general area where you have a chance at a Muskie ? We are from Lancaster Pa and practice c & r . Thanks for the help.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 am

From what I have seen on this forum, most muskie are caught on the weed edges at the north end of the lake on the western side. They are not common however and most are caught while targeting othes species. Never caught one myself, good luck! Thanks for the report Glenp!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI