St. Lawrence River guided bass fishing

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

GuidedBassTrips

St. Lawrence River guided bass fishing

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 am

July 6-8 I had John Gabriel and his friend Dennis for 3 days of guided bass fishing on the St. Lawrence River. They were staying at Riverbay Adventure Inn in Chippewa Bay and I picked them up there each morning. The smallmouth bass were still spawning on the shallow shoals and each day they caught around 15-20 bass. Most of the bass averaged 2-3 pounds with a 4 pounder the 1st and 2nd day. They really enjoyed their hard fight on light spinning tackle in the clear water. Most of the bass were caught on senkos with a few on tubes and grubs.

I made sure all bass were released immediately to return to their spawning areas. It is a unique circumstance to have the bass spawning this far after the opener so it is important to be respectful.

The 2nd and 3rd day were beautiful warm days that now has the channel temperature at 70 degrees. And on the last day it also felt like the shallow fishing was slowing. So it may soon be over. These fish usually disappear very quickly. It also may depend on which section of the river and the water temperature. But it is fun while it lasts.

Good luck to everyone fishing the river. Please practice catch and release.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.