July 2nd

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

harry pikeman

July 2nd

Post by harry pikeman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Here's the report from Rogers camp 7. Got out on the lake t 6am, didn't get into fish until about 9am, when we did they hit hard. Targeted pike in a weedy bay and boated 5 pike and lost another 2 at the boat. Also got 3 largemouth about 13-14 inches. Off to lunch and labatt's, will report back in tonight with the afternoon and night reports. Also largest pike was only 24". But they were a lot of fun.
Tight Lines! Harry Pikeman

moonriver

Re: July 2nd

Post by moonriver » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Wow Harry, thanks for the live update! Sure do appreciate reading the reports! Good luck this evening! I'll be checking in for another report. Thanks again :D
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 pm

No good tonight gang, afternoon fish yielded 1 small northern. Came in for dinner then boat problems. Didn't get back out.. Until tomorrow......

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for the live update! Hope you get the boat problem figured out. Good luck in the AM.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

492VS

Post by 492VS » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Peak fishing time is noon till 2PM. http://www.lake-link.com/moon/. I didn't believe in this junk cause any fish will bite in the morning, but take a note of it cause I've had great success fishing in the prefered time period and I hate to fish in the middle of the day when it is hot and the peak is scheduled to occur. I like the last statement disclaimer though "Weather is a critical factor that will independently affect fishing activity."

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:00 am

Good luck today! Hope you got your boat problem resolved! Looking foward to another report!

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Day2 morning was slow. Did gethe boat fixed though. Got one crappie off pin island and 3 pike, only one of which was over 18. We were over mclears getting gas this morning so I figured while I was waiting I would toss out a spinner bait, hooked either a large pike or a bowfin but lost him after a good fight. Off to lunch break. I also sa wguy catch a big bowfin off the dock on hotdogs....

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Afternoon trip, 3 pike one over 18 caught in the cut. 2 largemouth caught. Biggest largemouth was 3+. looks like a storm is coming though. See what happens after dinner. Senko's arnt doing tgat great for us but spinner baits and Cleo spoons are working with the northerns. Orchard bay outside the buoy's produced some fish. As I sit here and type the clouds left, fish on!

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey Harry, thanks again for the live update! I was wondering what the weed status is. Didn't see you mention that. Also, have you tried any topwater? Wishing you clear skies and tight lines! Good luck this evening! :D

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Well weeds are there. You have to find them though, water level is still up. We pretty much got where ever we wanted to go today, spots we couldn't fish last year we had no problem getting in this year. 1 LM and one small pike tonight, tiring up some jitter bugs and poppers now as we speak.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:40 am

I never thought that I would hear that you had to "find the weeds" on BL in July! Just another challenge courtesy of Ma Nature. Thanks for the update and tight lines!
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

harry pikeman

Post by harry pikeman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Today was extremely slow for us, boated two northerns around 18-19 and 2 bass in the 12-14 range. Just couldn't locate them today. Heading on the lake now and we will be back out at 6am tomorrow. Heading back to pa at lunch. Hope I have something else to write about before we get out of here. If not good luck to all and happy fourth of July.