Most productive soft plastic color?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

vinnerbaits

Most productive soft plastic color?

Post by vinnerbaits » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:35 am

For all of you who throw senkos and the like on a regular basis, what colors do you find most productive when targeting bass on BL? I am heading up again the 2nd thru 9th and would love some opinions of best colors to bring. Thanks

wildchild

Re: Most productive soft plastic color?

Post by wildchild » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:24 pm

I like black/blue laminate, white with black flake, and watermelon with black or red flake for Senko colors.
NEVER GIVE UP-MIKE IACONELLI

racing11111

Post by racing11111 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:27 am

I like green pumpkin,watermelon w/ black flake, baby bass and the kinami color red oxblood it looks like a real night crawler. jmo racing11111

z-nail

Post by z-nail » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I just came back from there today after a week of fishing. I found watermelon with black flakes and green pumpkin worked best for me.

z-nail

Post by z-nail » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I just came back from there today after a week of fishing. I found watermelon with black flakes and green pumpkin worked best for me.

492VS

Post by 492VS » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:52 pm

I've had better than average success with red somewhere on the lure for bass. Flourescent Red/Gold rapala husky 13. red spinner bait, topwater lure with red trailer feather, red flecks in the watermelon color plastic lures, bleeding red in the rattle trap lures. Not sure why but if I throw those lures in Sodus bay off of Lake Ontario I only catch pike. I use a red sharpie pen to add some red to the hard bait lures if none is on there.

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:00 am

My favorite is a purple/black (top purple, bottom black), but it didn't do as well this year. Dark green shades did well during the day this year; and in the evening, we got a few with lighter green. One evening, I had 4 kids out with me. 3 had green, the other and I had purple. Those three ought caught us by a large margin before we switched. At one point, all three of them had a bass on, simultaneously.

A couple years ago, my niece insisted on keeping her first huge northern. When I cleaned it, I examined the stomach contents. Multiple red senkos in the stomach, and bubblegum colored. I've yet to catch one with a red senko though; must be the way it's fished makes a difference.