Fall Fishing ?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

daytona14

Fall Fishing ?

Post by daytona14 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:52 am

We were up to the camp this weekend for some duck hunting, and with the weather so nice and the Lake like a mirror I was amazed that no one was fishing. So we stopped to try and locate some minnows but to no avail. We pretty much had the whole Lake to ourselves and I was wondering, with all of the Walleye, Northerns and Panfish supposedly fatting up for winter, why is the Lake empty this time of year ? I read more stories in Field and Stream and Fur Fish & Game about the great fall fishing during November. But yet when we have tried it, we came up empty. Is this the normal for this time of year, or are they just heading into deeper waters when the weather turns for the worse ?

Bassbuster

Post by Bassbuster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

How was the duck hunting? We were up early season and it wasn't that good.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Fall Fishing ?

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 pm

daytona14 wrote:We were up to the camp this weekend for some duck hunting, and with the weather so nice and the Lake like a mirror I was amazed that no one was fishing. So we stopped to try and locate some minnows but to no avail. We pretty much had the whole Lake to ourselves and I was wondering, with all of the Walleye, Northerns and Panfish supposedly fatting up for winter, why is the Lake empty this time of year ? I read more stories in Field and Stream and Fur Fish & Game about the great fall fishing during November. But yet when we have tried it, we came up empty. Is this the normal for this time of year, or are they just heading into deeper waters when the weather turns for the worse ?
:D U gotta find 'em. They are there and the fishing can be good. I was on the lake this past weekend - last time till it gets hard.
Phil

daytona14

Post by daytona14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 am

Nope...The duck hunting was terrible. Talking to a few of the people who live up there year round said that this was a very tough Lake to hunt with any regular success. But after driving around Sunday, the vast majority of birds were enjoying time on the big water. Ontario and the St. Lawrence are much bigger draws this time of year.