crappies

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Glenp

crappies

Post by Glenp » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Just got back from a quick weekend at the lake. I did not fish much, several hours on both Friday and Saturday. The crappie fishing was phenomenal. I fished jigs verrrry slowwwly in 10-25 feet of water. They are schooled up pretty well and when you find them, fish the area. It was hard to feel them hit and I missed a lot more than I caught. The largest were a between 11-12 inches. The lake is very high. From Friday pm until today, it really came up. And I might add...they made a delicious dinner.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks for the report Glen! One of these years I'm going to make it up there for the "fall" bite! :D I'll be asking for help before I attempt to find them! :shock: Glad to hear that you did so well, it's making me hungry for a "fish fry", as I read your post! Thanks again for posting!
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

Tori

Post by Tori » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:46 am

GlennP,
Did you use a minnow on your jig or a small piece of worm or was it plain?
South end of lake?
Thanks, Tori

Glenp

Post by Glenp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:56 pm

I use 1/16 oz jigs tipped with Squirts from Bass Pro. Squirts are a small tube. I like the 2 inch variety. Colors that worked are black/gray combination or white. I always try to use something with a sparkle. I was fishing the south end of the lake.