Why so quiet?

Fishing Reports and Lake Conditions Only. Ask your questions and post remarks in the General Forum Please.

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

ragincajun

Why so quiet?

Post by ragincajun » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Forum has been quiet lately. Either everyone has taken their vacation, and no longer interested or the recent Negative posts have gotten everyone down. Any how....Went fishing today from 11am till 8:30pm. Thought the weather would have been worse, but all in all only a little rain which we were ready for. Spent about $55 on gas and drove everywhere from oak point on the north side, to the narrows on the south side. Basically a friend and I....only fish finesse style. Gary Yamamotto worms, frogs, etc... I caught 5 15 inch bass and he caught 5. I missed 6 while he missed around 4. Missed meaning, we didn't wait long enough to set the hook, or the fish didn't get hooked good enough, or the fish got lucky and was able to lose us somehow. Finesse fishing is all about accepting these types of situations. All in all....those whom say fishing is bad..the two of us could have had a potential of 20 different bass today. 7 or 8 were caught on frogs with swimtail feet. Two or so were caught on baby bass colored senko's. We fished mainly bays except for the narrows. Fishing pressure was still hard on a few places we wanted to fish. For example, 4 boats surrounded devils area. I had a LOT of electrical issues with my trolling motor or the day would have been great. I say...fishing is good...just need to try and try harder. A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day of staying indoors or working. And yes.....one 20 inch bowfin was caught.

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 am

Nice report and a great day on the water. The forum has been quiet lately, too much tension and bad press is my guess. Black/Blue laminate Senkos have been killer down here as of late.

moonriver

Post by moonriver » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 am

Hey Ragin,
Thanks for the report! Yes, it has been very quiet lately! I was at the lake the last week of July. Upon returning home, I was ready to post my report for another week at our little slice of Heaven on earth. When I got on the forum I couldn't believe what had been posted while I was away! I don't understand first of all, why people have to act that way! Secondly, I couldn't believe the moderators of this forum would let this continue! One gentlemen a few months ago, had a post pulled for trying to say something NICE about a camp he stayed at while at the lake, and had the thread pulled!? Then I came home to find the SITUATION on the forum that I did! I'm sure I am like many, many others on here, I was completely appalled, as I'm sure others were/are also! I would like to post a detailed report but I can see that no matter what is said, someone on here will be critical. With that being said, I will say that we had another great year at the lake, with great family, great friends, and as always, meeting great new people for their first visit to the lake! Take care, and may you have continued success on the water! Food for thought: WWJT WHAT WOULD JERRY THINK
Life is short, everday is a gift from God, make everyday count!

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks guys. Moon, send me a report in a personal message if you want. As you might have noticed, I stay out of the debates. I want to use this forum for fish tales and will continue to do so. Love to hear about others trips. And Wild...thanks for the tip on color. However, no way I can get away with buying more senko's until I use up some of what I have so far. I just keep buying and buying. lol I have 6 bags of fat craws from Gary Yamamotto coming in the mail any day. YIKES

StrikeKing

Post by StrikeKing » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 am

We went up Sunday as well just to fish for a few hours (3 hour drive one way, we must be insane!) and did pretty well. We landed 8 smallies, all of them between 3.5 and 5.8 pounds.
I'll be up again September 17th for the Dash. If anyone would like to get together Friday night send me a private message and I'll let you know where I'm staying.
SK

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Maybe it is quiet because they are thinking about how stupid it was to start the whole thing. :lol: anyway I'm not going to let that spoil my trip and reading this forum. We took a quick get away friday evening spurr of the moment fishing trip. ( drove 4 hours) to fish early on Saturday and most of the day. we only caught 3 bass 2 small about 2 pounds and one large fat 3 and half pounder and of course no camera forgot it in the mist of rush packing.. We did get into some huge bowfin in orchard bay. they are one fighting fish. we managed to get down into back bay and spot a loon that was exciting seeing since I missed that on our vacation in July, they are so awsome.we caught 2 garpike in Lonesome bay on the way back up to the launch. we had a very good much needed trip. can't wait to get back next year who knows maybe sooner...

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm

StrikeKing wrote:We went up Sunday as well just to fish for a few hours (3 hour drive one way, we must be insane!) and did pretty well. We landed 8 smallies, all of them between 3.5 and 5.8 pounds.
I'll be up again September 17th for the Dash. If anyone would like to get together Friday night send me a private message and I'll let you know where I'm staying.
Ok...do tell...where and how were you catching such big and so many smallies??

StrikeKing

Post by StrikeKing » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Check your msgs...
SK

ragincajun

Post by ragincajun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks Strikeking. And Central girl, how do you catch a garpike. We were in a school of more than 50 a few weeks ago and couldn't catch them. I was with my youngest son and think he would like the fight and adventure. The fight that he just recently got from a bowfin was exciting for him.

Central NY Girl

Post by Central NY Girl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Ragin, we anchored (of course) a live minnow and a bobber. we parked along the stone wall in the left side going in lonesome bay and waited. gar will start to move the bobber back and forth wait until they run with it and set the hook but not to hard. they fight like crazy. take them off at the side of the boat they are very slimmy. and thrash like crazy in the boat. Good luck.