Forum has been Quiet

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

jbird1015

Forum has been Quiet

Post by jbird1015 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 am

I enjoy reading about the adventures of those that share their stories on this forum, however, it seems as though the chat has been quiet for just about a month. I look forward to seeing more posts over the next few weeks. We plan to visit again in September and (as always) look forward to our time on the water.

Have fun and be safe!

MrSimon

Re: Forum has been Quiet

Post by MrSimon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:57 am

That's very common for this forum. It happens every year.

There are bunch of die-hard folks who take a Spring trip every year and they get active for a few months .... then things die down for the summer.

There aren't that many active participants on this board, but there are a ton of people who view and read the posts.

You can also check out the Black Lake Facebook groups .... they are quite active!

Fishpro

Post by Fishpro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 am

Mr. Simon is correct when he states that the forum is always like this in the Summer. Most Visitors have gotten the information they need so they can plan their vacations and the Camp owners are just laying back enjoying the wonderful lake that we have. As the season goes on, interest usually picks up. People tend to tell of their wonderful catches and experiences that they have enjoyed and start looking forward to the next season. Private camps usually begin to close around late September and October and and the locals take over most of the posts on the forum. In the many years that I have read this forum I can say that it is one of the best things that go along with everything that we share on Black Lake. Not only do we hear of the on going conditions of the lake but we share our knowledge and recommendations on various subjects. Catch & Release!!!!!

MrSimon

Post by MrSimon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Also, sometimes people take a quiet forum to mean the fishing is slow. That's definitely not the case!! The fishing this summer has been fantastic, and it will only get better as the weather begins to cool off.