Rollaway bay access

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

mikeroc

Rollaway bay access

Post by mikeroc » Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 pm

It appears access to the lake at rollaway bay is no longer. I was told the road is no longer maintained by the town. This now makes it a private road.

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Rollaway bay access

Post by Phil » Sat May 12, 2018 5:09 am

mikeroc wrote:It appears access to the lake at rollaway bay is no longer. I was told the road is no longer maintained by the town. This now makes it a private road.
Maybe. I would not doubt it, given what the camp owners there have to put up with from some very inconsiderant fishermen; especially during ice season. Too bad if that access does get lost, one of very few good areas for ice fishing with access that is walkable.

I think I would find out officially before getting too upset over it though.
Phil

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

So, the story is: A motion was brought forward at at town meeting (not a done deal yet) they are looking for comments. This si a very important access for the public, for ice-fishing. Too bad they can't get some strong enforcement there.
Phil

mikeroc

Post by mikeroc » Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Well it appears to be a done deal to several property owners. There are 6x6 posts in the ground and a gate with a chain around it. I can only imagine what some people have done and left behind at this access point. That being said someone is going to have to give it a final decision at some point. I can't imagine doing all that work if it is still a town road.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sun May 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Could very well be. My info may be old.
Certainly could see it coming, for the last few years. Too bad what the power of a few slobs can do to ruin a good thing.
You sure it's not just closed to vehicles? Maybe walkers still have access?
Last fall/winter they had a bunch of no parking signs up on that road and on the lake side of Black Lake Road.
I know the parking was abused.
Phil