Fall Fishing?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

MrSimon

Fall Fishing?

Post by MrSimon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

It seems the whole area closes down around Columbus day. But late October and November offer some of the best fishing of the entire year! The lake seems empty and forgotten in late Fall. Why is that?

njmike

Re: Fall Fishing?

Post by njmike » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm

I was out last weekend and will be there 2 weeks from now. I love to fish this time of the year, I always seem to do well.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am

I would guess that most folks like to bass fish. So after season closes for bass so do the out of area fishermen. I mostly fish for NP and yes it does offer great cooler weather and less boats. When I used to go up 10 plus years ago for late season fishing the waterfowl hunters were out in full force. I like to drift the bays and that is where the hunters set up so I stopped going to give the hunters their time. If anyone does get out this time of year please post if the hunters are still around.
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation

njmike

Post by njmike » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 am

The duck guys are out at first light but thin out as the day goes on. the good thing about fishing this time of year is the fishing is better mid day to late afternoon. I also try and stay out of bays where the hunters are set up.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
D. Larson