Fishing and lake conditions?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Joshgsu00

Fishing and lake conditions?

Post by Joshgsu00 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 pm

My family is coming up for our 36th annual BLNY fishing vacation this Saturday. I am coming up from TN and i was curious how the fishing has been. I have heard the lake is a bit high right now. Any input would help. Thank you in advance!

Josh
"Class always shows." - Paul Brown

GuidedBassTrips

Re: Fishing and lake conditions?

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:26 am

High and rising water is the issue lately with more rain to come. My guided bass trips have been slower than normal possibly due to the rising water which could be keeping the fish more spread out than typical. If you like to fish shallow and cover water it may be to your liking. Warmer, drier conditions are forecasted for next week which hopefully will get the water coming down and the bass in more predictable locations....Good luck.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Joshgsu00

Post by Joshgsu00 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Thanks. I do prefer to fish the shallows so hopefully with the nicer weather the fish will be more predictable and my family will have another successful BLNY trip!
"Class always shows." - Paul Brown

Wyliedog
Newly Registered User

Post by Wyliedog » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 pm

This will be my family's first trip to Black Lake and we are excited but the rain and water conditions have me a bit nervous. I was really hoping to have a fantastic trip catching lots of anything. Ill be targeting Black Bass and Pike but was hoping the pan fish would keep everyone else entertained day after day. Will be there Saturday so time will tell...