Why do you ice fish?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

MrSimon

Why do you ice fish?

Post by MrSimon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Honest question. Why do YOU ice fish?

I've never done it, but the guys who do have such a passion for it .... there must be something special that draws them out in freezing weather to stare down a hole for hours on end.

I've been considering trying it and would like to hear from some of the veterans .... what is it about ice fishing that you enjoy so much?

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Why do you ice fish?

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

:D It's the suspense! That fish coming through that little hole! Just can't explain it - you have to experience it. Not everyone has the same experience/passion.

Give it a try, maybe you will like it. 8)
Phil

Fishpro

Re: Why do you ice fish?

Post by Fishpro » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:10 pm

While growing up I used to watch my Dad, Uncle and Grandfather ice fish each season. I used to watch with amazement when that flag goes up and then we would pull up a fish. It became an annual event with my family and I looked forward each winter to enjoy it. As for why my folks enjoyed it I believe it was a chance to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors to the fullest way possible given the usual bad weather and snow. Now that I'm old and unable to partake in ice fishing and hunting due to age I have great memories of this fine sport of Ice Fishing. Let us go ahead and protect our natural resources so everyone can continue this great sport. Catch & release