Summer

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

Phil
Site Admin

Summer

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 pm

Last day of Summer boys and girls :big-grin: Fall season begings tomorrow AM. So do the cooler temps. 8)
Phil

RochNY

Re: Summer

Post by RochNY » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:53 am

Phil,

Thanks for the very short range forecast--you're a man of many talents! :lol:
Preserve, Protect, Enhance Black Lake Every Day

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Trying to be nice - I actually have something very different in mind. :big-grin:

Phil

RochNY

Post by RochNY » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:33 pm

You should post that in a couple of days and say that the weather at the lake has changed for the better! I'll bet you'd get a ton of reactions like: "WHAT?", "Is that real?".

I think the lake is as beautiful in the winter as it is in spring, summer and fall. My camp isn't winter-ready though...I drain the plumbing, pump in antifreeze and put everything away for winter. I do come up, but usually just for a day to see the ice...usually at Christmas time, when there's time off for the Holidays.

One year I was lucky enough to hear the ice 'groaning' and 'banging' (loud cracks, almost like gunshots). I saw water swirling from on top of the ice down into the lake through fishing holes. It was a magical time for me and very beautiful and eerie. Fishermen were right off my property in the Narrows, in huts that even appeared to have woodstoves from the smoking stove pipes through the roofs. Eerily quiet with a low lying fog out over the ice....could barely see anything at any great distance. Wonderful! I'm not a fishing guy, but I really appreciate the lake and hope we can keep it in good condition with a robust fishery.
Preserve, Protect, Enhance Black Lake Every Day