it's time

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

John M

it's time

Post by John M » Wed May 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Leaving for my Black Lake - 3 day trip. And I will say our planning worked out perfect, as far as weather is concerned. Our fishing success will be up to us. Tommorrow for those crappie will see a variety of baits and probably presentations. Will attempt to post results daily. But have been known to stay on water 8- 10 hours, repetitively casting. Then there is the cleaning of fish( not use to that) might have to catch and release or establish a minimum 12 inch standard. Then adjust as the trip progesses. Then again we're on vacation and crappie fishing for fun. So maybe the hours on the water will be reduced. There is always bobber use when one requires a rest. But I don't believe we will be using minnows unless we can't get them to eat anything but minnows. Maybe a jig with plastic. In any case, I will post our results either daily or upon returning home. Last time I fished Black Lake was in 1990. Place I stayed had 6 cottages now 16. And I believe Mr Tom Fishel owned the grocery store in Edwardsville. ( still there?)

irishman13

Re: it's time

Post by irishman13 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Fishel's has been closed probably 5 years now. There is a small store in Edwardsville or Ned's in Hammond.

Bob-O

Re: it's time

Post by Bob-O » Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Good luck John. You might want to adjust your size to a little more like 9" or so until your trip progresses. Then increase size based on how you do. I look forward to your report's.
Bob
Catch and Release the big ones!!
Practice Conservation