Morbid topic

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

wishin fishin

Morbid topic

Post by wishin fishin » Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 am

One day my wife and I were talking about what we wanted done with our remains when we leave this world. We are both healthly!! When she asked me what I wanted done with my ashes (it came to me in that second) I told here I wanted them dumped in black lake.

I hated to go here but, this is how much I love this place.

...sorry!!

Fishpro

Re: Morbid topic

Post by Fishpro » Wed May 04, 2016 11:52 am

Better check local and DEC regulations. I'm sure there are some dumb rulles out there restricting such wishes. Sounds like a really cool idea though. :lol: :lol:

Yanacocha

Post by Yanacocha » Thu May 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Exactly what both of us would like to have done with our ashes...what location would be better than the place that has given us so many happy memories and pleasure since 1954......just 2 then but every summer has been spent there since....But yes, should check regulations before a scatter or you're just leaving yourself open to a fine or being called a dumb ash.... Here in Florida the ocean is fine but boy do they frown upon it at your favorite hole on any golf course...

kerch123

Post by kerch123 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:57 pm

who would care ,,not me
getting a hit

John M

Post by John M » Fri May 06, 2016 12:43 pm

That has always been my thought, to have my ashes dispersed in my favorite fishing and hunting locations. Now this would require numerous trips. I'll leave the GPS locations for the dispersing areas. What better way to have memories of me, be shared with family and friends while they are enjoying life in the outdoors. So they can pay their respects to me while appreciating the great outdoors. Seems so much better than going to a large collection of head stones located in one specific area and bring flowers! They can pay their respects in numerous locations thtoughout western and central Ny(my land in southern tier,bays off Onario lake, fingerlakes. And should they be successful, in the area where my ashes were dispersed, it's my way of communicating my thanks (hopefully it will bring a smile to face, each occurrence for their lifetime)
As far as legality & fines, don't believe I have to worry about that( my ashes) But I'll leave a stipend to cover gas dispersal and possible fines. But in reality, dispersing small amounts is ashes in 30-50 areas shouldn't draw attention.

HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper » Tue May 17, 2016 3:49 pm

One way to do this is to mix the ashes with concrete and make a "memorial marker" that can be sunk into your favorite fishing spot. I'm not sure if this is legal but it's more discreet then just spreading ashes directly into the water. Since the ashes are contained in the concrete there should be much less environmental concern. With a little creativity you could turn it into an obstacle that will help the fish.
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown