Oswegatchie In Heuvelton To Eel Weir

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

FishingForFun2010

Oswegatchie In Heuvelton To Eel Weir

Post by FishingForFun2010 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 am

Was going to head to the big lake this afternoon however the winds are suppose to be steady most of the day. Has anyone put in at Heuvelton (across from the cheese plant) and fished down through to eel Weir? I have a 14 foot v-bottom with 25 hp motor just wondering what water depths are through there and if I am wasting my time. The idea would be to put in there and fish some of the oswegatchie and the meeting point where black lake meets the river. Any help would be appreciated, just looking to get the boat out one more time before it gets put up this weekend. Thanks.

charlescrisssr

Re: Oswegatchie In Heuvelton To Eel Weir

Post by charlescrisssr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm

i am also wondering the same thing as this gentleman is asking. I was at the new launch today at Heulveton. It is a beautiful launch. I would like to launch there and fish my way down, especially on a windy day.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Yes, you can put in at Heuvelton make it to EelWeir and up Black Lake. Nice trip, some shallow areas, weedy; nothing too bad. I've done it in my 16' Starcraft w/25hp. As you head towards the lake there are some pretty deep areas.
Phil

charlescrisssr

Post by charlescrisssr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Thank you for the information Phil. My wife and i just bought our retirement home in Rensselear Falls and thought it would be nice to launch in Heulveton as it is real close and such a beautiful launch. Cant wait to try it now.