Any tips?

Moderators: Daves, admin, Phil, billbo

bigmouth

Any tips?

Post by bigmouth » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Ilive on the north end of the lake and struggle to catch a decent limit! Any tips on lures? structure? I've always considered myself to be a decent bass fisherman but this is tough!!!

bigmouth

Re: Any tips?

Post by bigmouth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm not looking for top secret tactics... just a little help catching a fish. Fished for 10 hours yesterday and caught one bass. If I didn't live here I would never fish Black Lake!!

GuidedBassTrips

Post by GuidedBassTrips » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm

The algae bloom and warm water is making the fishing tough right now. I haven't been north of the bridge lately but if the water is really green there too, fish slow and stay near the bottom except maybe early and late. You might also find largemouth have gone extremely shallow and might be able to coax them on a plastic frog from weed mats. Fishing in current this time of the year can also be productive. I would think you have some good current areas to fish down there.
Give a starving man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

bigmouth

Post by bigmouth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Captain Randy Yager...thanks for the info, i am finding some bass real shallow in areas very hard to fish,(weeds and other vegetation) but places I love to fish. Have been focusing on currents lately, a style I dont really like but has been producing some quality bass. Thanks again!!